Applications for 2017 are now closed.
READ THIS BEFORE STARTING AN APPLICATION – ONCE YOU START YOU CAN NOT SAVE THE APPLICATION!
Before starting an application make sure you have read and have the following information ready:
- Basic Information (You and parents)
- Name, Address, Phone numbers, email, school, GPA
- Write out a 500 word Personal Essay on why you want to participate in this exchange program. Do this on a word processor before you start the application so you can copy and paste it into the application.
- Have a list of activities that you are involved in, with a brief description of your participation in each activity and when you started/ended each activity. (This can be school club/sports, community or church groups) Again, have this done on a word processor so you can copy and paste into the application.
- Have a brief explanation of how you plan to pay for your expenses above the scholarship provide by Sister City. This is normally about $700-$800 dollars. Again, word process this answer before starting the application so it can be copied and pasted into the application.
- If you have a passport you will need to provide the expiration date. (You must be a US citizen)
- Discuss with your parents about hosting a student from Korea. (We want you to host!) See hosting requirements.
- *Have your school or other ID with you. (Your passport can work too)
- *Have an Official or Unofficial Transcript with you.
- * Two letters of recommendation. 1) From your school. (Teacher, Counselor, Administrator) 2) From a community organization employer, coach, or club adviser (Not another student)
****The ID, Transcript, and letters of recommendation must be added digitally. You can use scanned files that are on your computer or when filling out the application you can use a cell phone with a bar-code reader app to scan a QR code on the computer screen which will let you take a picture of the document and automatically add it to your application.
- READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION Before starting an application!!!!
If you have technical questions about the application please email email@example.com
If you have questions about exchange program or requirements for the trip please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Back Oct of 2017 for the application for the 2018 Trip!